Meet Dr. Francis Yoo
Your New York City Osteopathic Physician
My medical practice focuses on the practice of
Osteopathy / Osteopathic Manipulation & Energy Healing
to treat and heal blockages and restrictions in
Physiology - From Head to Toe
Psychology - From Conscious to Unconscious
The Three Treasures: Jing, Qi, Shen
From Eight Extraordinary Vessels to the Meridians
Chakra Centers and associated Kundalini
I have a particular interest in working with
- practitioners of QiGong, Kundalini Awakening, Cultivation and Inner Alchemy practices;
- those exploring all dimensions of their psyche including the unconscious and Shadow from a Jungian perspective.
Symptoms and conditions I treat range from:
Emotional difficulties, anxiety, and trouble sleeping
Psychospiritual and existential difficulties
What is Osteopathy
Also known as Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) or Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT), it is a hands on approach to treating various health concerns and conditions by
1. Addressing whole person health: person - body, mind, spirit.
2. Working with your innate self-healing mechanism.
3. Restoring optimal structure, form, and function so health can express itself.
Dr. Francis Yoo is experienced with various modalities of Osteopathic Manipulation,
including 500 hours of learning in addition to medical school education and residency training:
Muscle Energy - Myofascial Release - Strain-Counterstrain
High-velocity Low Amplitude - Balanced Ligamentous Tension
Osteopathy in the Cranial Field - Biodynamic Model of Osteopathy
Fascial Distortion Model - Still Exaggeration Technique - Facilitated Positional Release
What makes me different
- I am Board Certified in four specialties: Family Medicine, OMM, Integrative Medicine, Pain Medicine.
- I have experience in various fields of conventional and holistic approaches to medicine and healing.
-- This includes patient care in the outpatient setting, Medical-Surgical Floors, Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit.
- I incorporate my knowledge and experience in the following fields in my evaluation and treatment:
- Cultivation, Inner Alchemy, Kundalini Meditation-Breathwork Practices
- Chinese Medicine / Non-Somatic Extraordinary Vessel Healing
- Shock-trauma related tension
- Inner Work including The Enneagram and Fourth Way and Jungian Psychology
What to expect at your visit
Initial visits are 75 minutes long.
During the initial visit I will do a thorough evaluation of
- Body and physiology head to toe.
- Aspects of the person beyond the physical body.
- The 5 Phases / Elements of Change and associated Organs.
- The 12 paired main meridian pathways.
- The 8 extraordinary vessels.
- The 7 main midline Chakra Centers.
- The 3 Dan Tien
- Body, Heart, Head centers from an Enneagram Perspective
- Aspects of psyche from a Jungian Psychological Perspective
- And more
Following the evaluation you will have a treatment of the highest priority zones of concern. Though Osteopathy is my primary modality, I will include acupuncture and/or guided breathwork-meditation if indicated.
At the end of the first visit we will formulate a plan; I will likely suggest scheduling somewhere between two and five follow up sessions after which we will decide on the next steps.
Follow up visits are typically up to 45 minutes long and are focused on the treatment.
Receipts / Superbills are provided for you
to submit to your insurance company for direct reimbursement.
While I have opted out of Medicare,
Medicare patients may submit to their secondary insurance for reimbursement.
Location & Hours
I am currently seeing patients in Midtown.
119 W 57th street.
New York, NY 10019
Hours: Mondays 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.